Has it ever happened to you that you really like a pair of shoes and it doesn’t fit your feet? Well, if you have wide feet, then you must have. But that doesn’t mean that you can’t get your favorite shoes, you obviously can. However, you must stretch those shoes in order to make them comfortable for your wide feet.
Here in this article, I am going to share some very helpful methods to stretch your different shoes to fit your feet.
Before stretching out do not forget to measure your wide feet.
How to stretch sneakers for wide feet
There are several methods to stretch your sneakers. You can get professional help if you want, but these methods are super easy to do by yourself.
Stretch sneakers with ice
Below is a step to step guide on how to stretch your sneakers with the help of ice.
- Step 1:
- Take two sandwich bags and fill ¼ of both with water.
- Step 2:
- Take your sneakers and fit these sandwich bags inside your sneakers and make them fit inside properly.
- Then put your sneakers inside the refrigerator and let them sit there overnight.
- Next morning take out the sneakers, remove the ice bags, and put on the shoes. Your shoes will be stretched and fit your wide feet perfectly.
- Be mindful, if you do not want to freeze your feet, then wait for 20-30 minutes after taking out the sneakers from the refrigerator.
- If you do not feel that you got the desired stretching, then repeat this method until you get it.
Another easy way of stretching your sneakers is using a hairdryer. Here is how to do it.
- Take out your new sneaker from the box and remove all the tags from it.
- Put your sneakers on and take a walk.
- Turn on the hair dryer and blow warm air on the places where you feel pressure and tightness.
- Then again, take a walk and see if the shoes are stretched or not.
- In case you do not get it, repeat the steps until you have the required width for your wide feet.
Using sneaker/ shoe stretcher
If both of the above-mentioned methods don’t work for you, then here is another one. For this you need a wooden shoe stretcher.
- Take out your shoes from the box and remove all the tags from them.
- Put on your shoes and tie the laces just as tight as you feel comfortable with.
- Then take off your shoes and put the wooden stretcher inside the shoes. Leave it for a few hours and let your shoes stretch.
- Repeat these steps until you get the desired stretching.
How to stretch heels for wide feet
So your favorite heels don’t fit you? If that’s the problem, I am here with the solution. A good stretch will do the work for you. Here’s a few stretching methods for your heels.
Using alcohol Spray
First and foremost is to use an alcohol spray. For that, you need a spray bottle with a mixture of 50% water and 50% alcohol.
- Take out your heels from the box and remove all the tags.
- Wear your heels and figure out the narrow part
- Stuff your heels with newspaper, then spray the mixture all over your shoes
- Wait for a while and then remove the newspaper. And you’re done.
- If you do not get the desired fitting, then repeat the steps mentioned above, sequentially.
Put your heels in the freezer
To make your heels stretch correctly, freeze them, and wait for the magic. But you don’t have to put them directly in the freezer. You need to follow these steps:
- Take your heels and remove all tags and stickers from them.
- After checking the fitting of the heels, take sandwich bags, and fill them with water.
- Fit the bags filled with water inside your heels and put your heels in the freezer.
- Let the water expand and turn into ice. Let your shoes sit in the freezer overnight.
- Next morning, take out your shoes and try them on.
- If you do not get the desired results, then follow these steps on and off until you get the desired fitting.
You can also use a hair dryer to stretch your heels.
- Take your heels out of the box, put them on and take a walk to check the fitting of the heels.
- If you feel tightness, then some warm blows from the hairdryer can work for you.
- Blow dry your shoes while wearing them on. Focus on the narrow parts until you feel comfortable and stretchy.
how to stretch running shoes for wide feet
Running could be a nightmare for people with wide feet because most of the shoes are so uncomfortable for them. However, just like other shoes, you can aslo stretch your running shoes. Here is how to do that.
Soak in hot water
This is one of the most effective ways of stretching your running shoes for your wide feet. Follow these steps to get your desired results.
- Take your brand new running shoes out of the box and remove all the tags. Put these shoes inside a tub of hot bubbling water.
- Let them sit inside water for up to 20-25 minutes.
- After the soak, put on your shoes and go for a run.
- Just before your shoes start drying, put newspaper inside and now let them dry overnight.
- Next morning you will get the perfect results of your running shoes. If you do not find it perfect, then repeat the steps.
Use an ice bag method
You can also use the most easy ice bag method.
- Take two sandwich bags and fill them with water. Put these water filled bags inside your shoes.
- Then it’s time to freeze your shoes.
- Let them freeze overnight. Take them out next morning and give them a rest. After that, put on your shoes to check the results.
- If you don’t get the stretch, then try any of the above described methods. .